Things To Do
There are many ways to spend the day here in paradise – the possibilities are endless. Just outside the doorstep of A Sunny Beach rentals, you’ll find a vast variety of exciting activities. Located near the beach, Cape Canaveral and a short drive from Orlando.
Delicious Restaurants: In the mood for seafood? What about steak..or maybe a little bit of both? The wide variety of exceptional restaurants in Cocoa Beach will not disappoint. We’ve got a list to get you started but be warned, reading it may cause serious hunger.
A 5-minute drive puts you in the center of the the world’s largest cruise port. Many major cruise lines such as Disney, Carnival, and Royal Caribbean are home ported here and offer 3, 4, and 7-day cruises departing weekly. Combine your cruise vacation with a stay on the beach! click here
M/V Victory 1 casino ship departs twice-daily from Port Canaveral. Try your luck at the tables or slots or just go for a beautiful 5 hour cruise. click here
Disney World and other theme parks:
Orlando’s major theme parks are easy 1-hour drive away. Spend a day at the parks, and then come home to a relaxing beach oasis instead of a noisy, crowded hotel. click here
Experience some of Florida’s best fishing here in Cocoa Beach. From party boats to private charter boats to luxury sport Fisherman boats, all are home ported here and available for 1/2 day or full day charters.
Duran Golf Club, Florida’s Exceptional Golf Experience offers a discount to you while staying at A Sunny Beach Rental. See owner for discount ticket. View their website: click here
There are several seafood restaurants located on the waterfront in the port. They feature fresh caught local seafood. There are also a wide variety of restaurants in the Cocoa Beach area. The famous Cocoa Beach Pier is a short walk or bike ride down the beach. The pier offers fine and casual dining, an outside tiki bar with live entertainment overlooking the beach, fishing and much more. Dine, fish or shop and watch the surfers on the beach…..or jump on a board and try your skill!!! See list here
Parks & Recreation:
The City Park is 1 block away with a playground, picnic pavilion, baseball and softball fields. City Park Complex is 1 mile away with public tennis courts, racquet ball courts, shuffleboard, xeriscope park and public library. Several beachside county parks within ! mile with picnic and barbecue facilities.
The world famous Ron Jons Surf Shop is located a short 5-minute drive away (click here). There are also many other beach shops to browse in as you enjoy the beach town atmosphere. The Merritt Square mall, which includes a 16-screen, stadium seating theatre, is a 10-minute drive away.
|Andretti Thrill Park
3960 S. Babcock St.– Melbourne (321) 956-6706– Melbourne’s hottest new family action attraction
– Port Canaveral (321) 863-6026– Catch the excitement aboard the Sea Wrangler Deep Sea fishing
| Astronaut Memorial Planetarium and Observatory
(321) 634-3732– The Brevard Community College Astronaut Memorial Planetarium and Observatory
|Brevard Museum of History and Natural Science
2201 Michigan Ave. Cocoa(321) 632-1830– Where History Comes Alive
|Twister Airboat Rides (321) 632-4199 — Airboat rides on the St. Johns River|| Canaveral National Seashore
– Cape Canaveral (321) 267-1110 – Nearly 20 wooden walks or dive over 15-foot sand dunes
|Brevard Zoo– Melbourne
(321) 254-WILD – Welcome to the wildest neighborhood on the Space Coast where over 413 animals
|Valiant Air Command War Bird Museum– More than 350 vintage war planes including Flying Tigers and C-47|
|Cocoa Beach Pier
(321) 783-7549 – One of the best places on The Space Coast to walk out over the ocean
|Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
(321) 452-2121 – 140,000-acre megaplex
|Cruises Indian River Cruises
(321) 454-7414 firstname.lastname@example.org -offering daily lunch and sunset cruises along the shores of the beautiful Indian River. Located in Historic Cocoa Village
|Cocoa Beach Surfing School 150 E. Columbia Lane
– Cocoa Beach (321) 868-1980– We specialize in beginners! We offer private, semi-private, or group lessons lessons
|Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge – (321) 861-0667– This 220-square mile, 140,000-acre haven to more federally endangered species
|North Brevard Historical Museum– Titusville
(321) 269-3658– Storefront museum displays county firsts
|U.S. Space Camp Florida Titusville(800) 63-SPACE – The Hall of Fame is also home to U.S. Space Camp Florida||Sport Fishing at Port Cape Canaveral
Canaveral Grand Master, 45′ Trojan (321) 403-4428 Flats Fishing with Cape Coast Charters Capt. Joe BunchHat Trick ChartersWhite Water IIEast Coast Florida Fishing Directory
|Space Coast Stadium (Spring Training Home of the Washington Nationals)
– Melbourne (321) 633-9200 – Spring training home of the Washington Nationals, the state’s professional team
|Port Canaveral Welcome Center
– Exploration Tower 22,000 sq. ft.– Interactive exhibits– Pilot-boat simulator- Touch-screen mapof local history- Observation-deck views
|The Museum of Art and Science
– 1463 Highland Avenue – Melbourne, FL 32935 (321) 242-0737 Fax:(321) 242-0798
| U.S. Space Walk of Fame Titusville
(321) 267-7241– By the Indian River and overlooking Kennedy Space Center
|Victory Casino Cruises
(855) 468-4286 – sails 7 days a week, twice daily, 5 hour cruise.
-Located at KARS park Kennedy Space Center Call 321-794-6642 Email: email@example.com